Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I've decided to add a little something else to my little blog thing. I'm sitting on our back porch in the hammock watching Tamara paint. It's really romantic! Especially with the lovely mosquitoes nestling me with their noses and the romantic noises of our roommate screaming at her yipping dog. Ah, the romances of the tropical island's of Hawai'i.

I just got back from the hospital after getting a Tetanus shot. I was really scared because I'm not too fond of needles. But, I think the whole body piercing experiences have helped me overcome that fear. I didn't even feel it. It was nothing like the nostril cavity or the bella! The reason for the Tetanus shot? I have lock-jaw. Just jokin'. For those of you who don't know yet I am in the process of applying for a Discipleship Training School (DTS) with Youth With A Mission (YWAM). ( www.ywamhonolulu.com )If accepted, this will take place in September. I will have three months of lecture here in Honolulu, and then three months of outreach somewhere in Asia. This is something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I'm really excited. But very, very, very nervous. Today I filled out my resignation form for school. I wasn't too sad at all. My job will end in June. Right now I'm thinking of being a sub for a little while. The only thing is that I have to take a two-week course and pay $100. How dumb is that? Hello, I'm already a teacher and have taught my own class!

Anyways, today was my first day back with the kids. Going back to school was not fun! I had such an awesome break. It made it very difficult to come back. The day went ok. However, last night I was about to cry at every second. I had about 5 million things to do right after school, so I didn't have any time to set up my classroom. I was so stressed out!!! My classroom was not set up and I had no idea what I was going to teach. Then I would start to think about the other 5 million things I have to do to prepare my students and myself in finishing the school year; and all the other things I need to do to prepare myself for the DTS thing in September and this other mission trip I want to do with my church in July. And to top it all off I'm getting observed this week for my PEP-T!. AAHHH!!! I'm hyperventilating just thinking about it all!
Anyways, I talked to a couple friends before I went to bed and they made me feel a lot better. I was in a good mood when I went to bed, so that made it all better. Then, I got up at about 4:15 this morning and went into school. Despite all my stresses last night, I was able to survive the day. My kids are "rascals" but they're cute. And they're lucky they are!

Well, I should go know so that I can plan for the next day. I really like to wait till the last minute so that I have a nervous breakdown every day before school. It is really exciting and gets the adrenaline pumping.

I love you all and don't really know how to sign off on one of these things since I'm not really writing a letter. Weird!
A Hui Hou

4 comments:

Jenni said...

your'e cute ray! I love hearing about your life!

jen

Anonymous said...

Is that the painting Tam sent me on my cell phone? wish I could have seen the progression. Paint on, wipe paint off, drop on thinner, brush paint around...

It's good to hear from you Bekah!

Love, Aunti Judi

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's kind of refreshing hearing someone who is more stressed out in her job than me! In two days I head to New York City with 19 teenagers...no stress in my life! Wish you were coming with me, Rebekah. Jenni too! Heck, I'll even take Aunt Judi!

Rebekah said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I wish I could be on that trip too!