Monday, August 08, 2005

God is so cool!

Don't you just love it when God reminds you how cool he is? I was driving home tonight and was thinking about people in my life and how they handle relationships. Particularly about the people that seem to always be having a relationship with someone, and not really being single. You know who I'm talking about, those people who seem to always have a boyfriend or girlfriend, or some type of prospective.
Then I started thinking about myself. (You all know how into dating I was) I remember when I was younger and how I couldn't wait to have a husband. Then, I remember catching myself. I knew that I needed to have a strong relationship with God. So, I would pray that my desire was for a relationship with God and not with a man. But, that's natural. That's what we were created for. First to serve God. God designed women to be a companion to man. Isn't that what Adam asked for? I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud, or typing what I'm thinking.
Well, as I was driving I started to remember about when I was younger and how I had a hard time accepting that I was loved. I would think that when I met this perfect man that God had for me, I would finally feel loved and everything would run smoothly.
I will never forget the time I felt God's love for me, Rebekah Lynn Brooks, for the first time at 16. (That's another story). And it's been a long process, but I know that the Creator of the world loves me. How huge is that? I started to remember about all the times that God provides for me. He's so awesome! And I didn't even realize it till tonight about this whole love thing, I've been able to feel loved by my God, and because of that accept it when other people tell me they love me. I've been able to live my life contendedly and without regret. I'm finally comfortable with who I am and how God created me. Of course I still wanted a husband, but I was ok with how my life was going and didn't long for it to be different. I didn't feel as if I had this huge void in my life and couldn't continue the same. (Ok, I'm a little dramatic)
And now, God brings this man into my life. I realized that God is the provider for my life and he is the center of my life. So now, he brings me the man of my dreams.
Why am I typing this on my blog for the whole world to see? I don't know. If you happen to stumble across my blog and you're one of those people who for some reason are always in some type of dating relationship, this is my advice to you (because I am the oh wise one of dating:)). Take a year or two off. Find out who you really are. And if a year freaks you out or you find it hard, try to figure out why. Fill your life with God's love first!
Does this mean my life is perfect and I never have doubts or fears. Of course not, I'm human. But, I do know that I'm thankful to God for how he has always been with me and that I've had the awesome pleasure of knowing Him my whole life. I'm thankful that his timing is perfect and that He's in control of my life and not me! Yay God! He knows me better than myself. He knows when and what I'm ready for. I'm thankful that I've had the pleasure of being single for 23 years. Because I would not be who I am today if it were not for that. I would probably still be trying to figure out what kind of a person I am.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Good post Rebekah. Love you sis!

Anonymous said...

I just read your last THREE posts, you go girl!! Ok Bekah, I can see taking a year or two off, but I think ten years is a little much! Tamara and I have to get David Harvey to put us on his prayer list! Although I don't want to get married and have a baby! Though I wouldn't mind a few more grandbabies! Love you much, give Donald a kiss (on the cheek!!) for me! Aunti Judi

Rebekah said...

Mahalo to the both of you!

caleb and sarah turner said...

Hey Rebekah,

It's caleb. I bet you didn't exect to get a comment from me. I'm not huge on blogging, but my wife Sarah. (that is still fun to say by the way) is an adict.

anywho...I just read a couple of your posts and I just wanted to say hi. and that I haven't seen or hung out with you in a vary long time... but growing up with you I am stoked that God is continuing to complete a good work in you. So many people loose their brain when they grow up, but it makes me smile to read that God is doing cool things in your life.

I'm glad you've met your deam man. And if your mom likes him any where near as much as she liked me...then he has got to be the one. HA HA... jusk kidding ....okward...ok. Hey maybe comment on our blog sometime.

-Caleb