Monday, August 08, 2005

Sweet, Sweet Sound


Sweet, Sweet Sound
Originally uploaded by rebekahlynn5.
While at Pinehaven I got to dance a hula for their church. I danced to "I Love You Lord." I actually learned it in Washington when I was in COP. I was very excited to dance for them, but also very nervous because I have never danced by myself before. It was such a blessing to dance for them. I felt very honored. I was able to represent hula and Hawaii to these people, many for the first time. It was such a great experience, probably one of my most memorable moments of Pinhaven. So many people came up to me and commented on how they have never seen anything like that before. One boy said that he knew nothing about Hawaii and had never seen anything about Hawaii, he said "that thing you did was cool." Their first representation of hula was with worship to God and in a respectable manner. I am so thankful to God for allowing me this opportunity. At the end of our stay we put on a "service" for the students and they wanted me to dance again. So, I danced to "Shout To The Lord," while the other church that was there sang it accapela. That was really special! This little girl from Washington (of all places) was deemed Miss Aloha (Miss Congeniality) by our coordinator when we returned home. She said that I represented the Aloha spirit the whole time while at Pinhaven. I felt so honored.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you I am in tears. You are such a special girl (turned woman) and I love you so much. You have always been my Miss Aloha!! Nina

Rebekah said...

Mahalo nui loa!