Wednesday, September 14, 2005

First Day

Well, last night was my first night at YWAM. I am in a room with Erica, Leah, and Emily. I have met a lot of girls with my cousin's names, Breanna (Brianna), Brittney, and Naomi. In our whole house there are 22 girls. And 3 bathrooms. And they are scary bathrooms! Everything is rotting out. It's kind of gross. And our ceiling is being held together with duct tape. It's pretty exciting.
So, last night as I unpacked, I was also re-packing for things to send back home with Donald. OK, I had too much stuff. He also took back my suitcases so that we had more room. What a guy! But, I'm bringing back more things from my house, like a c.d. player, fan, rugs, anything that I can bring and get away with it.
All the girls there are between 17 and 21. Yes, I feel very old. One of the girls was like, "Oh, you can be the mom of the bunch." Thanks, just what I want to hear! There was another girl that was 23, and another that's 27. So, that made me feel a little better. We haven't really met the guys. We think they're scared of us. Apparently there's only 13 or 14 guys, and like 27 girls. It's pretty insane!
Since the DTS hasn't officially started we didn't really do anything today. We just sat around as it rained and then rode the bus down to Ala Moana beach. Tonight I'm going to 'ohana and trying to avoid the base showers by taking one at Donald's before we head over to the Tatofi's. I'm taking advantage of living here before officially starting DTS.
Tomorrow we begin DTS with Aloha Day. We will meet everyone and have a BBQ at Ala Moana. Pretty tough. On Friday we find out the three choices we have for outreach. Then, we have 30 minutes to go pray about it and come back with our decision. So, please pray for me as I try to figure out where God wants me to go. I have no idea what the choices are yet, but please keep me in your prayers.
Mahalo! I love you all!

1 comment:

The adventure continues... said...

I think this little song I sing with my daughter will help you...if you really take the words to heart. "Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey."
Another favorite when circumstance look bleek... "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus. Just to take Him at His word...." I'm sure you can sing the rest. Love ya And remember if you are starting to feel stressed it means your perspective is off. Take the time to let God's perspective be your perspective.