Tuesday, April 12, 2005

HIM Conference



HIM Conference


I am so proud of myself! I figured out how to add a link to my post. Isn't that exciting? I'm so big! I did it during our computer lab time in school. Yep, I use my time wisely!
Anyhoo, I went to the HIM (Hawaiian Island Ministries) Conference on the weekend of April 7th. It was awesome! We took the youth and all spent the night together. That was a little crazy, but it was totally awesome.
I went to this one session about transitions. It was so what I needed! I even cried during the session. Hello! I'm not a cryer! (Well, sometimes I am) I also realized that sometimes I put situations before God. For instance, I get so involved with what I'm going through, like moving. I got so involved in myself that I lose focus on God. Or other kinds of transitions like, quitting teaching. Then I get all stressed out and emotional, when I realize that I'm putting my worries before God. INTENSE!
At one of the General sessions one of the speakers talked about Africa and the missions work that went on there. I don't know, listening to that confirmed my decision to join YWAM. I would get worried that I was doing it for my own reasons. But, as I was listening I felt so excited about what was going on. I knew that my decision to go into the mission field was what I wanted to do. I just got a peace in my heart that it was what God wanted me to do too.
Let's see, there was more awesomeness that happened, but I can't remember it all because I'm typing this 2000 years after it happened. Luckily, I got c.d.'s of the ones that really spoke to me.
Oh, the last one I went to was about Mentoring and Rites of Passage. It was so cool! It's perfect for parents and people that are involved in the Youth Ministry. The speaker talked about how in our culture we don't really have definiate ritual rites of passage. Things like getting your license aren't enough. So, he gave examples of how him and his wife do procedures with their kids when they're going through a rite of passage. Does that make sense? Ok, I'm not good with the words. But, it was so cool. I think every parent or wannabe parent needs to hear it. So, you can just go to the link above and buy the cd! :)
Anyways, it was a great weekend! I had a lot of fun! And had a lot of growing experiences.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that's an waste of an entry if I ever saw one!! Aunti Judi

The adventure continues... said...

Hey Ray,

How's it going? You need to e-mail me your e-mail address so we can chat. nstol@comcast.net

It has been far to long since we've talked.

Nicole

Anonymous said...

How much later are you going to add more about that?!! You and Auntie Boni need to get on the ball!! Love You, Aunti Judi

Rebekah said...

OK Auntie! I added more! Are you happy!?

Christian said...

Hey Rebekah,

That was an awesome post. Never feel obligated to write anymore than you want to at any given time. Its YOUR blog :) And you might look back and wish that you wrote more later but the important thing is that you do it because you want to. We have blogged for over three years and there are holes in what I posted or did not post at times. Just let it come as you want. I love the honesty in that post. Great.

CB

Anonymous said...

Chris, you're the bomb! And I appreciate you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Chris for pointing out my trying to "manipulate" Bekah into finishing her blog! I loved the finished blog though, Ray, so thank you!!:) And Aunti Boni added to her's too! I am so impressed with you ladies! Now maybe Tamara will get on the ball, and put some pics in her's! One of Donald, too I hope!
Love, Aunti Judi

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebekah, It's me trying again to post a note on your "BLOG". I and Leah are so looking forward to seeing you in June. We can't wait to meat your "friends". Do you like to the way I put " " around everything? I'm cool that way. Anywho, I love you and just wanted to say a little "sompin, sompin". Love ya lots,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to put a little.."IT WORKED!!!"

Mom (again)